It is never easy to find the right word in the get-well card. We want to show that we care but at the same time, we are afraid of the chances of appearing to be rude or insensitive with our wording. But don’t worry, Unipop got you covered. Here’s a little list of wishes and sayings to write in the get-well card for you to get inspired and follow.
What To Include in Get Well Message
Like every other message, this one also starts with a greeting. Starting with a “hi” or “hello” or a more formal one like “dear” with the recipient's name. Depending on the recipient, you should choose how formal or informal the tone to be.
Express your concerns
Next, let’s state why are you sending this card. Maybe you heard they were feeling unwell through someone.
- “I was very distressed to hear...”
- “The news of your illness saddens me”
- “I am sorry to hear about..."
Sending some positive wishes to lift the recipients’ spirits. There’s not much for you to do regarding their health condition still you can cheer their spirit up and show that you care with some optimistic sayings and blessings. Get well quotes come in handy in such situation. We will include samples down below, so keep scrolling 😉
Offer to help
In case you’re nearby the recipient or planning to assist them, state that you’re able to cover some of the tasks.
- “I’d love to help with...”
- “If there’s anything I can help to make you feel better, just give me a call/ text”
- “I’m here to help”
What is a get-well-soon message without the get-well-soon wishes? Add your wishes with warm closing at the end of the card note.
Get Well Messages Suggestions & Inspirations
Now that you know what to include in your message, here are some wishes and saying to reference. We have categorized it into group of recipients.
For Friends and Family
It is alright to send light-hearted messages when the recipient isn’t in severe condition, and you are close to them.
- Feel better soon, [ __ ]
- Sending sunshine to brighten your day. Get well soon my dearest friend.
- Sick does not look good on you. Take care and recover soon.
- I’m no doctor but I do have friendship’s healing touch.”
- I hate to see you feeling blue, so get well really soon bestie!
- School isn’t the same without you. Get well and comeback soon my dear friend.
- The house does not feel like home without you around. Get well soon, [ __ ]
- Take all the rest you need. Don’t worry about work, we got you covered.
- Sorry to hear you're using sick days for an actual sickness!
- Feel better soon so I don’t get sick of missing you!
- You go girl/ boy. Fight those germs!
- Superheroes get sick sometimes too. Hope you will feel better soon, buddy!
- Wishing on every star that you get better soon.
Serious & Terminal Illness
In this scenario, deep down inside, we know it is hard for the recipient to “get well soon”. We tend to avoid this topic due to how sensitive it is. Not like we want to, but we are afraid to appear as offensive or maybe make the recipient’s mood worse. Adding emphatic, comforting, and encouraging phrases in your note is something we think is safe to include in this case.
- You have always been on my mind. Sending you a big hug.
- You’re on my mind and in my heart.
- You’re not alone.
- I’m rooting for you.
- You’re still the same amazing person I know and love. If there’s anything I can do to make life even a little easier, don’t hesitate to call me.
- Flowers to brighten your mood (works great with bouquet and flower card)
Please note that depending on the recipients, you can change the tone and spice up phrases to fit them. We hope our guide can inspire you to write your own wishes to the one you care for and bring positivity and smiles to their faces.